Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Granola Bars

(Loosely followed the recipe from Mon Petit Amour, who in turn had modified from a recipe from Smitten Kitchen)

2-3 cups of stuff: I used raisins, flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds and chocolate chunks
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup almond (or other) nut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups slow cook oats
1/3 cup oat bran
dash of salt
large dash pumpkin spice mix

Melt butter, whisk in nut butter, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, add oats, oat bran, salt and spice mix; stir to combine. Add in 'stuff' and nut butter mixture. Stir to mix completely.

Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes in a parchment lined square pan. (I used 9x9). Let cool completely before slicing. Watch them disappear!

**I found this variation to be highly crumbly and will be playing around with wet to dry ingredient ratios next time!)

No comments: